Cucumber is one of the popular fruits of vegetables in Vietnam and many countries worldwide for many good reasons. Therefore, it should be no surprise that many countries want to import it.
However, not everyone knows the process of importing it from Vietnam. So, we will discuss the origin of this fruit of vegetables and how to import cucumber from Vietnam.
Origins and Benefits
The cucumber plant is a thermophilic plant that comes from the warm tropics of southern Europe.
In the last years of the twentieth century, cucumber has been an important vegetable crop in the world. The leading countries in terms of planted area and yield for this fruit of vegetables are China, Soviet Union, Japan, USA, Netherlands, Turkey, Egypt, Spain.
It offers many health and beauty benefits, such as:
- Effective weight loss
- Prevent constipation
- Eliminate toxins
- Reduce stress
- Good for heart
- Prevent cancer
- Reduce dark circles
- Moisturizing facial skin
- Reduce dry hair
However, if you eat too many cucumbers, you will face many risks, such as:
- Dehydrate the body
- Damage to the body
- Increased risk of premature aging
- Causes discomfort in pregnant women
>> See More: Import Chilli From Vietnam – The Ultimate Guide 2023
The Export Market in Vietnam
Cucumber is a fruit of vegetables which is popular in many countries. Therefore, it is not surprising that many countries want to import cucumber from Vietnam.
General Export Situation
In 2020 and 2021, cucumber exports have dropped significantly due to the impact of the covid 19 pandemic. In general, exports recorded a sudden decline.
2008 and 2009 were the years of outstanding growth in exports. In particular, exports peaked in 2009. But, unfortunately, from 2010 to 2020, exports remained at a lower level than the two years mentioned above.
Exports by Country
The Republic of Malaysia, Lao PDR, and Singapore are the main export markets of Vietnam.
From 2007 to 2020, Malaysia has the highest growth rate of Vietnam’s cucumber export. Meanwhile, export shipments to other countries had a more modest growth rate.
The average export price stands at $1,140 per tonne in 2020, increasing 13% compared to 2019.
Export process: Step-by-Step Guide and Necessary Procedures
>> Read More: How To Import Orange From Vietnam?
Currently, the quality of Vietnamese agricultural products, including cucumbers, is increasingly improving, and many world markets have accepted to import them. Hence, it is a great opportunity and a big challenge for enterprises exporting agricultural products.
So, let’s learn about the process of exporting agricultural products in Vietnam!
Step 1: Check the Requirements of the Importing Country
Before carrying out export procedures, the exporting party needs to check their products to see if they meet the quality requirements of the importing country.
Step 2: Import and Quarantine Procedures
The exporting party must meet many requirements before importing agricultural products into the partner’s market:
- Agricultural products must be subject to plant quarantine
- Agricultural products are grown and harvested from standard growing areas
- Check the quality of agricultural products to see if they meet the standards.
- Check the content and residues of pesticides in agricultural products.
- Ensure standards on packing goods into boxes and packages to avoid damage to goods.
In addition, for agricultural products that need to be refrigerated, the export party needs to pay extra attention to the following:
- Harvest time
- Closing time
- Plant quarantine time
- Time for customs clearance, irradiation inspection, fumigation, etc
- Delivery time
The exporter must provide the above elements to ensure that agricultural goods are not damaged during transportation.
This step is crucial in assessing whether the goods can be exported. If the exporter does not do well, they will fail to bring their products abroad.
So, this is the most important and most complicated step.
Step 3: Necessary Documents
Before exporting agricultural products, the exporter needs to prepare the following documents:
- Bill of sale
- VAT invoice
- List of goods
- Quality certification
- Certificate of Origin (CO)
- Certificate of fumigation
- Agricultural product export contract
The exporting party needs to bring all the above documents to the Plant Disease Inspection Sub-department of Region 2 for registration.
For enterprises exporting for the first time, they need to invite staff to check samples at their warehouse.
Businesses that have often exported only need to bring the sample to submit together with the quarantine registration dossier. After completing the above steps, they will pay the quarantine fee at the accounting department.
Step 4: Prepare for Delivery
Businesses need to rely on production plans and book containers on ships. Then, pack the goods into the containers and prepare for the customs declaration.
Step 5: Customs Declaration
The customs declaration will be based on the data when the businesses pack the goods, then they will make the customs declaration, and the next will be the customs clearance of the goods.
Step 6: Clearance Procedures
The exporter will need to take the final steps to ship the goods.
Vncomex specializes in consulting and supporting services related to import and export.
We have a team of experienced staff who are always ready to give our customers the best service experience. We commit to our customers the following issues:
- Consultation time: Vncomex is always available 24/24 to advise customers to answer all their problems quickly.
- Save time: We always avoid wasting our customers’ time by solving your problem as quickly as possible. The fact is that we always attempt to serve you most effectively.
- Security: We always respect customers’ personal information. So, we ensure that customer data is always kept the best security and is not leaked to the outside.
- Prestigious – professional – effective service: Our professional and dedicated staff is always ready to help you and provide you with reliable products and services.
- Affordable service costs: Our products and services are available at affordable prices to suit all customers.
We have provided you with all aspects related to this fruit of vegetables. So, if you don’t have the skills to import cucumber from Vietnam correctly or the time to spend working on it, let us help you. Thank you for reading!