Eucalyptus is a very familiar and popular tree in Vietnam, and it has many uses in our lives. The wood taken from this tree is also considered one of the excellent materials.
If you want to import eucalyptus wood from Vietnam, look no further. This article will provide you with all the information you need.
So, let’s read on to see more!
Eucalyptus Wood Overview
Eucalyptus is native to Australia, but one can also find this wood in North and South America. The reason is that this wood was brought from Australia to America for carpentry and woodworking in the 1850s. It is said that this wood is the best wood for outdoor furniture, as it is pretty cheap and durable. In addition, this tree is also used for medicinal purposes.
Eucalyptus is now mainly native to Australia, with small numbers found in New Guinea, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Taiwan.
In addition, eucalyptus has been grown in tropical and subtropical regions, including the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Mediterranean region, the Middle East, China, and peninsular India.
These trees are also adapted to the Vietnamese climate. Consequently, they often concentrated and dispersed throughout the territory of this country.
>> Read More: How To Import Teak Wood From Vietnam? The International Shipping Process
The eucalyptus tree is very tall, with a round stem, giving excellent wood. In addition, the tree also has some other outstanding features such as:
- The trunk is large, the bark is soft, peels off in patches to reveal the white-colored stem.
- The fruit is cup-shaped, containing many tiny brown seeds. Flowers are short, small, cylindrical. Inside, the pistil contains many tiny brown seeds and, when falling to the ground, they will germinate into seedlings.
- The leaves are short-stemmed, the leaf blades are long and narrow.
- Leaves are dark green or light green. These small, delicate leaves contain many Eucalyptone used to produce eucalyptus oil.
- Eucalyptus adapts to harsh conditions, so it is easy to grow and has a short growth period. Therefore, this wood can be harvested after only 5 to 7 years.
- This tree can live in arid, nutrient-poor places.
Application of This Wood in Our Life
Eucalyptus is a fairly common tree in Vietnam. Both the stem and leaves of this tree have their uses.
These trees have good durability, making them ideal for building support, such as scaffolding or formwork.
This tree can be used as a raw material for making pulp or plywood. Older trees with large trunk diameters can also make tables, chairs, beds, and more.
The leaves of this plant can produce oil, which can treat many diseases, such as treating cough, clearing phlegm, treating bone pain, itchy skin, and more.
In addition, according to a study, the leaves of this plant can absorb nano gold if planted near gold mines. However, the amount of gold in the leaves is meager, only about 0.000005% of the weight/leaf. TWoodhanks to that, mining companies can find new gold mines.
>> More: If you are looking to import this wood, Vietnam is a potential exporter. This article will provide you with the necessary information related to the topic “import plywood from Vietnam.”
Vietnam Import Eucalyptus Wood Markets
There is no denying that Eucalyptus Wood is a very good material. It is durable and offered at affordable prices.
However, most of the production of this wood is consumed domestically. In addition, Vietnam is still importing eucalyptus wood from abroad and Brazil is the main supplier.
According to estimates, Vietnam’s eucalyptus wood imports in June 2021 are estimated at over US$5.0 million, down 0.45% in value compared to May 2021. In general, in the first 6 months of 2021, imports of this item are estimated at 139.12 thousand m³, equivalent to 29.85 million USD, up 91% in volume and 45% in value over the same period in 2020.
>> See More: Import Sawn Timber From Vietnam – Export turnover and potential
How To Import Eucalyptus Wood From Vietnam? Shipping Process
In general, the transport and import process is quite strict, including many steps.
In most cases, goods are shipped via air and sea. Although the procedure and required documents on the two sides are quite different, they still mainly include the following standard steps:
- Step 1: Apply for an export license for the goods.
- Step 2: Sign the sale and purchase contract and complete the goods’ preparation steps.
- Step 3: Buy an insurance policy for the goods
- Step 4: Contact and sign with the carrier
- Step 5: Complete the customs declaration procedures
- Step 6: Deliver the goods to the carrier
- Step 7: Complete the payment process.
In addition, you can import goods from abroad through the following steps:
- Step 1: Find a supplier
- Step 2: Sign an import contract
- Step 3: Receive the shipment information that you are about to take away
- Step 4: Perform import service
- Step 5: Complete the import service.
As you can see, the shipping and import process is not too complicated.
However, if you are a beginner and do not have much experience in importing, we recommend using the services of a reliable shipping company.
They will save you a lot of time and money during the import process.
There is no denying that Vncomex is one of the best options for importing goods from Vietnam. We can ship goods from this country to most countries and regions worldwide.
We can manage and deliver door-to-door deliveries to more than 200 countries and regions worldwide. Furthermore, our services are offered at affordable prices, suitable for businesses of all sizes.
With many years of experience in the industry, we signed contracts with business partners in more than 30 countries worldwide.
We have a team of creative and experienced staff in the industry. So we can complete the work related to freight forwarding and customs procedures on your behalf.
Vncomex always puts ethical rules on top. We accompany you as an employee, a friend, and an advisor. Our service is always accompanied by integrity, intelligence, and dedication.
You have reached the end of our article. If you have any questions or queries related to the topic: ‘how to import eucalyptus wood from Vietnam?’, please get in touch with us now for helpful advice. Thank you for reading!