Garlic has long been the panacea of many countries around the world. Many families love and choose this tuber as an indispensable food because of its pleasant taste and rich source of nutrients. Today, we will learn about import Garlic from Vietnam together.
Origin – Vietnamese Garlic For Export
Garlic has always been a natural herb originating from Central Asia, which has been with people in medicine and food for more than 7000 years.
Since ancient times, people have chosen Garlic as one of the main ingredients to prepare dishes and disinfect all kinds of inflammatory diseases.
Garlic contains a lot of nutrients. According to research, in 100g, Garlic contains 6.36g protein, 33g carbohydrates, 150g calories, and vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3, B6), minerals iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus.
Critical components are organic sulfur compounds and glycosides germanium and selenium substances. In particular, the germanium content in a tuber is higher than that of medicinal herbs such as ginseng, green tea, etc.
One of the most critical components is allicin. However, in a fresh one, there is no free allicin. Only its precursor is alliin.
When Garlic is minced or crushed, the enzyme in a tuber is activated, which stimulates alliin to form allicin. Therefore, you should crush it to get the best effect.
In addition, in recent times, it has been shown by scientists to have many active ingredients beneficial to health, such as antioxidants, inhibiting the formation and growth of cancer cells, etc.
Classification Of Vietnamese Garlic For Export
>> Read More: Import Green Mungbean From Vietnam – Origins & Shipping Process 2022
There are seven common types, including:
- Porcelain: This is a rigid neck, white as porcelain; each bulb contains only 4-5 cloves. Porcelain garlic looks very lovely, but the smell is powerful.
- Purple Stripe: It has an emphatic scent and is a favorite spice of many people, but when cooked with high heat, it loses its flavor, so people often cook at low temperatures.
- Spanish (also known as red one): It has a dark purple color, a light scent, and a high sugar content.
- Italian: It has a lot of cloves and a wild flavor that is prone to sprouting.
- Black: It is a technological one that is not a naturally grown one. Black one is fermented at high temperatures to sweeten and enhance the intense flavor.
- Purple Garlic: Purple one is a small bulb, yellow cloves, a lot of oil, spicy, and very fragrant. Purple is grown in two highland communes, Pu Bin and Mai Chau. Purple Garlic is a specialty of Vietnam that no other variety in the world has. Purple has many practical effects in healing.
- Lonely: This is also the specialty one of Vietnam. Although the tubers are a bit small, consumers are prevalent because of the quality of bulbs created from the soil of the typical basalt land.
Vietnam Garlic Export Market
According to statistics, in 2017, 2.65 USD/kg. Next is 2018, with a price of 2.35 USD/kg. After that, in 2019, the export price was about 2.03 USD/kg; this value is equivalent to -13.796%
Next is the report that exports to the Chinese market in July 2020 decreased by 21% compared to June 2020 and decreased by 24.2% compared to July 2019, reaching 108.13 million USD.
Generally, in the first seven months of 2020, export turnover to China dropped by 28.9% over the same period in 2019, reaching 1.15 billion USD.
In the first 7 months of 2020, exports to China accounted for 58.2% of the country’s total export turnover, much lower than the proportion of 70.9% in the same period in 2019.
In July 2020, garlic exports to ASEAN reached US$ 20.87 million, down 2.7% compared to June 2020, of which exports to Thailand and Cambodia decreased, and other markets in the bloc remained, recording a positive growth rate. Compared to July 2019, the export of vegetables and fruits to ASEAN increased by 65.5%.
Through numbers and specific examples of output and total export value, you can feel the strong attraction of Vietnam’s export industry.
It is a product with great potential now and in the future.
So, if anyone is planning to do business with this item, keep pursuing it!
Import Garlic From Vietnam: Shipping Process
>> See More: How To Import Pomelo Fruit From Vietnam?
To avoid errors, the process of transporting and exporting goods to foreign countries should be according to the following steps:
Step 1: Apply for an export license.
According to the regulations, all enterprises are to export goods following the contents of their domestic business registration without applying for an export business license.
Step 2: Prepare the goods to export garlic to foreign countries
Sign a contract with a foreign enterprise, then quickly collect the goods to make export shipments and pack them with codes and symbols to distinguish the goods.
Step 3: Buy insurance for the goods.
Risks and losses are unavoidable when transporting exported garlic products to foreign countries. Therefore, you need to buy insurance for exported goods to ensure the best safety for your interests.
Step 4: Rent a means of transport
Hiring a means of transport is one of the critical steps to export Garlic in particular and goods in general to foreign countries.
Step 5: Customs clearance
Carrying out customs procedures for importing and exporting goods abroad is one of the mandatory regulations for all types of goods. The steps of customs procedures include customs declaration -> presentation of goods -> implementation of decisions of the customs authority.
Step 6: Deliver the goods on board and do the payment procedures
Making procedures to export goods to foreign countries and conducting payment procedures are the final result of all transactions in the export business.
In general, the import and export process will be more straightforward for you if you decide to partner with a particular carrier.
The shipping unit will assist you in preparing documents and procedures to help you quickly have the product you want. So, should you choose a reputable and quality company? Check out our information below!
If you are looking for a unit to import and export large quantities of Vietnamese Garlic, please refer to Vncomex. Our company was to act as a bridge between business people and quality products from Vietnam, including garlic products.
All you need to do is provide information to handle all the most complicated shipping and processes. Vncomexis proud to be a reputable and quality unit.
The benefits customers receive when working with Vncomex:
- We are a unit that has been operating and building customers’ trust for many years in this field.
- From the early days of establishment, Vncomex has constantly been changing and developing to bring the best quality of service.
- Our unit owns abundant human resources with solid knowledge and professional qualifications.
- Vncomexhas reasonable, affordable service rates.
Hopefully, the sharing about importing Garlic From Vietnam has helped you gain more information about Vietnam’s garlic import and export industry. If you are looking for a reputable and quality shipping unit, please refer to Vncomex immediately!