Longan is one of the fruits with high economic value in Vietnam. The proof is that many countries prefer to import longan from Vietnam. Today, we will cover every aspect related to this fruit. So, without wasting much time, let’s get into the details.
Longan is a typical fruit in the tropics and subtropics. It is thought to have originated in the southern region of China. Countries that currently grow this fruit with a large area including:
Vietnam Export Market Situation
In addition to strong consumption in the domestic market, Vietnamese longan has been popular in many major markets, such as:
- the US
- the Middle East
- And more
In December 2019, Vietnam’s fresh lychee was approved for official import by the Japanese Government. However, Japan has not yet officially allowed the import of fresh Vietnamese longans. However, Japan will soon allow the import of this fruit from Vietnam.
In the context of the complicated development of the Covid-19 epidemic, boosting exports, especially to challenging markets such as the EU and UK, will help raise the brand and value of Vietnamese longans. However, dominating export markets like the EU is not easy.
In addition, one of the challenges for the export of this fruit is preservation. The reason is that this fruit has a short shelf life. In addition, many partners in Vietnam preliminarily process and wash the longan but do not dry it before packing, making the product wet and quickly damaged.
Because this fruit spoils quickly, many partners import longan by air. As a result, the cost of Vietnamese longan is pushed up, making it difficult for them to compete with Thai longan.
Therefore, the exporting parties need to apply better preservation methods to maintain the freshness of the products for at least 2 weeks after exporting. Thanks to that, Vietnamese longan can be transported at a lower price by the sea.
>> See More: Import Tapioca Starch From Vietnam – Detailed Origin & Shipping Overview
Shipping Process: General Standards and Customs Clearance
In general, the export process will be pretty complicated for a beginner. So first, let’s take a look at the general requirements.
General Conditions Required for Export
- Product Inquiry
Exporters will observe 3 essential points on the outside of the longan when selecting products for export, including:
- The shell must be healthy, not eaten by worms or bats.
- The shell must have a natural bright yellow color.
- The size of each fruit should be uniform, and there should not be too significant a difference in the outside size between the fruits.
Regarding packaging, exporters need to specify the size, material, and method of determining the price of each package. In addition, the symbol code must also be easy to read.
The letters should not be blurred or blurred. Symbols can be written in water-resistant paint or ink and capitalized according to the specified characters.
Usually, the exporter will pack Vietnamese longan in mesh bags. Each mesh bag will have different weights, including 2kg, 5kg, and 10kg bags.
In addition, on each package, it is necessary to have detailed information about the name of the fruit, origin, packing factory, and business code. If the manufacturer hires freight services for export activities, the transport unit must take the initiative not to mix this fruit with other fruits to avoid the confusion of goods.
- Requirements for Preservation
Steps to Export
After the above requirements are met, the exporting parties can carry out the export process. Vietnam’s exports will go through 5 basic steps before shipping goods to the destination market.
- Step 1: Negotiate and Sign Contracts
The exporting party can directly export the goods or entrust the shipping service if needed. Therefore, a mandatory agricultural product export contract needs information of two main parties (exporter and importer). In addition, the content of the export contract should also clearly state the agreements and responsibilities between the parties.
- Step 2: Prepare Goods for Exporting
The exporting party must prepare the correct quantity of goods specified when signing the contract. In addition, to avoid the spread of disease, the logistics service provider should recheck the quality of the goods before shipping the goods.
- Step 3: Rent a means of transport
Transporting this fruit is usually via land, sea, or air. The exporting party can hire a container to transport the goods. Depending on the contract conditions, the exporting party or the importing party can hire the means of transport at different stages.
- Step 4: Carry Out Customs Procedures
The exporting unit is obliged to declare and submit the customs dossier. In addition, the shipping service side needs to bring the goods to the specified place to check the actual goods. Then, the exporting party must fulfill some financial obligations to clear the goods.
- Step 5: Contract Payments
It is the final step of the export process. If delivery is successful, the importing party needs to fulfill the payment obligation to the exporting party.
>> Read More: How To Import Carrot From Vietnam?
To export longan to another country, the exporter needs to prepare some necessary documents, including the following documents:
- Commercial invoice
- Detailed shipment list
- Bill of lading set
- Certificate of Origin
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Declaration of exported goods
Steps in the Process of Customs Clearance for Imported Goods
- Step 1: Determine the type of imported goods
- Step 2: Sign a foreign trade contract
- Step 3: Check the goods documents
- Step 4: Register for the specialized test
- Step 5: Declare and transmit the customs declaration
- Step 6: Get the delivery order
- Step 7: Prepare a set of customs documents
- Step 8: Pay taxes and complete customs procedures
- Step 9: Carry out the procedures for changing orders and transferring the goods to the storage warehouse
With a team of experienced and dedicated staff, Vncomex hopes to become Vietnam’s leading import and export service provider. In addition, we always strive to reach out further to the world and are at the same time a reliable partner of domestic and international customers.
We operate with the following top criteria:
- Customer: Customers are the driving force for Vncomex always to provide the best services.
- Personnel: Human resources are the core foundation for business success. Thus, we always try to create a professional environment, promote the development, desired goals of staff based on equality and respect for each individual’s values.
- Integrity: Integrity, transparency, and ethics in business are the foundation for all activities of Vncomex’s job. We aim for a fair working and business environment and transparency.
- Immustprove: We are always aware of the value of continuous change and improvement to bring the best service value to customers.
All in all, if you want to import longan from Vietnam but have no experience, let our experienced staff help you. We will not let you down with our dedication and years of experience.
Thank you for reading. Contact us now to get professional help!