Mango is a sweet fruit, contains many nutritional values, and is suitable for everyone. In particular, this fruit is also good for the eyes and prevents cancer, good for health and skin.
Not only that, but they are also a source of high economic profit because they are easy to grow and care for.
Vietnamese mangoes have good quality and large quantities, so they are consumed domestically and exported to foreign countries.
Are you looking for sourcing and procedures to import Mango from Vietnam?
So, how to import mango from Vietnam? The following article will provide a complete answer in detail!
Origin – Vietnamese Mango
Mango is grown in many tropical regions and is a delicious and sweet fruit.
They originate from Southeast Asia and South Asia countries because these are regions with hot and humid climates suitable for growth and development.
India, Malaysia, and Myanmar are the countries that grow many of these fruits. Not only that, but they are also the national tree of Bangladesh.
In Vietnam, the distribution of planting areas is not specific but scattered throughout the provinces and cities across the country. The sections that grow the most are the Red River Delta, Mekong River Delta, and Southwest.
Not only for Vietnamese people, but Mango is also considered as a fruit to decorate in rituals, holidays, and New Year with the thought of bringing fullness and satiety.
In particular, they are healthy fruits if eaten and processed correctly. You can use it as a fruit in desserts, making cakes, puddings, or side dishes with sticky rice,…
This fruit is good for the eyes because it contains a lot of vitamin A. At the same time, they also contain phenols and fiber, antioxidants that help prevent cancer. They provide 75% of the vitamin C needed per day if consumed 165g.
This fruit contains enzymes that help digest efficiently and have iron, suitable for anemia, especially in pregnant women.
Their next benefit is that they can work well for the skin, prevent acne, and are good for memory. Moreover, Mango leaves also help treat diabetes due to their insulin balancing substance. You can drink the juice of this plant in the morning to treat the disease at home. Beneficial for people with anemia
>> See More: How To Import Tomato From Vietnam? The Ultimate Guides Of [hienthinam]
Classification Of Vietnamese Mangoes
- Cat Hoa Loc: Grows a lot in the Mekong Delta. This fruit is known for its aroma and sweet taste. At the same time, they have a large size, long-form, weigh up to 700g each, and have tiny seeds.
- Acacia mango: This fruit originates from Cambodia; there is a substance similar to acacia on the fruit body. However, it is not as sweet as other mangoes when ripe, so it is often eaten in salads when it is still green because of its sour taste.
- Cat Chu: They are a competitor to Cat Hoa Loc due to their delicious taste. Thanks to this feature, many provinces have propagated widely. Yet, they are also known as Elephant Mango due to their larger size than other types. In addition to their unforgettable sweet taste, they also contain many vitamins and other nutrients that enhance the body’s health.
- Australian Mango: This variety is mildly sweet, challenging, and low in fiber. When ripe, they have a beautiful pink color. Due to the simple planting and care, high nutritional value, it brings excellent economic profits to farmers.
- Four-quarter Mango: This is the most popular fruit in Vietnam today. They carry more increased yields, the most significant size other varieties should be preferred, and that is why it is chosen by many gardeners to grow.
- Taiwan varieties: Fast development time, good adaptability are their advantages. They are suitable varieties to get rich when they have a reasonable price and yield.
The Current Export Market: Import Mango From Vietnam
Vietnam has an area of nearly 100,000 hectares planted. The Mekong Delta has an area of about 70,000 hectares with an output of almost 250,000 tons. Since 2019, Vietnam has exported this fruit to other countries.
Two Vietnamese mangoes for export include Cat Hoa Loc and Cat Chu. Vietnamese mangoes for export are priced from 2-4 USD/kg when entering the US market.
Besides, Vietnam also exports this fruit mainly to Korea, Japan, the UK, Australia, China, and Singapore with about 2500 tons.
Exports will reach $180 million in 2020, with the largest market Beijing China, Russia with $8.4 million, and Papua New Guinea with $5.5 million.
It can be that this market is a potential market due to the productivity and quality they bring compared to other countries.
>> Read More: How To Import Cassava Chips From Vietnam?
Before you care about this fruit’s import and export procedures, you must check if they can be in the partner countries. Also, note that the HS code of Mango is 08045020
Step 1: Check the quality
At this step, your product needs to be for quality and quantity to ensure the contract for the parties involved.
Step 2: Verification
Products need irradiation to limit damage and keep the best quality after transportation.
In addition, they need to be refrigerated, disinfected, and quarantined before being put into export containers.
Step 3: Prepare documents
Documents include Commercial contract, Packing list, sterilization certificate, origin, container handover minutes.
If the business is exporting for the first time, it must prepare an additional business registration certificate and tax identification number certificate.
Step 4: Prepare the vehicle
Vehicles can be suitable for road, air, or water transport.
Step 5: Customs declaration
Before the enterprise declares customs electronically or at the place of goods gathering, it is necessary to prepare sufficient documents for this step to occur smoothly.
Step 6: Exit and import
Goods will be transported and received in the importing country after conducting procedures and checking by customs officers. Stakeholders work together to close the process.
In addition, the VAT of mangoes is 0%, and this fruit is not on the list of items subject to export tax, so exporting enterprises are not subject to tax.
Import and export procedures are too cumbersome and need many documents, challenging to cover. Are you looking for a 3rd party to solve this problem?
Vncomex is always here and ready to serve you.
We are committed to the top quality in the import-export service business.
At the same time, we are ready to serve you with the highest attitude and responsibility.
We guarantee that the best resources, the most complete, and the right price will always satisfy you.
You need to leave your information below; we will directly contact you to support you at any time and place.
We hope the article has helped you have a complete view of Vietnamese Mango and the process of importing this fruit.
We always want and will certainly serve you the best in our business. We hope to have the opportunity to cooperate and make you satisfied with the quality that we bring. Thank you for reading!