This fruit is prevalent in many parts of the world, including Vietnam. The reason is that they are delicious and very healthy. The fact is that Vietnam has a wide variety of oranges, each with its unique flavors that can captivate anyone.
It is possible to import orange from Vietnam. But this process requires specific experience. So, let’s read on for more details!
>> More: The Current Market – Import Cinnamon From Vietnam
Orange is a popular fruit in many countries, including Vietnam. It has a delicious taste and contains many nutrients good for health and beauty.
Orange, scientifically known as Citrus Sinensis, is a plant in the same family as grapefruit but smaller and thinner in the skin. Depending on the different oranges, when ripe, they are orange, green, or yellow, with a sweet or slightly sour taste.
Orange originated in Asia, then spread all over the world. Currently, oranges are everywhere and propagated into many different varieties.
Orange trees are woody, growing in bushes. The stem has very few spines or no spines. Orange flowers are white, fragrant, grow in clusters or singly.
In Vietnam, there are many kinds of oranges, such as:
- Sanh Orange: It is a reasonably large orange, rough skin, and green color. It has a slight fragrance. Its taste is a mix of sweet and slightly sour.
- Xoan Orange: Small in size, the pulp is pale yellow. It has almost no seeds, little water but has a delightful taste.
- Cam Ham Lin: This orange is native to America. It was introduced to Vietnam around 1971. It has thin skin, is rich in water, and has a strong sweet taste.
- Xa Doai Orange: This type of orange is concentrated in Xa Doai, Nghe An. It has a very distinctive aroma, so it is prevalent.
- Cao Phong Orange: Cao Phong oranges are light yellow, large, succulent, not as yellow as Chinese.
- Canh Orange: Canh Orange is grown mainly in Tu Liem (Hanoi), Van Giang (Hung Yen), Bac Giang, Hoa Binh, and some central regions. It has a yellow-orange color when ripe, has thin skin, mild aroma, and is very sweet.
>> Read More: Import Cucumber From Vietnam – Export Market and Procedures In [hienthinam]
Export Market in Vietnam
Many countries love Vietnamese oranges. The following are some countries importing a large amount of this fruit from Vietnam:
- The US
- Ivory Coast
Indonesia is one of the important markets for Vietnamese orange exporters. The reason is that Indonesian oranges are no longer famous in the domestic market. In this country, Vietnamese oranges are sold for $2.09 (Rs 28,000) per kilogram, while consumers pay $1.79 (Rs 24,000) for a kilogram of domestic oranges.
However, oranges are still not exported as much as other fruits. Therefore, the country will need to promote the export of this fruit in the future.
Besides, Vietnam also imports this fruit from some countries, such as the US, Australia, etc.
>> See More: How To Import Corn From Vietnam?
In general, the process of exporting oranges is the same as for other fruits, including the following steps:
Step 1: Check the Requirements of the Importing Country
Before carrying out export procedures, the exporting party needs to check agricultural products to see if these products meet the importing country’s requirements. This step is crucial.
Step 2: Procedures for Exporting Agricultural Products And Quarantine
For agricultural products that are allowed to be imported into the market of the importing party, they must satisfy these requirements:
- Irradiation test.
- Check product quality.
- Check the packaging.
It is a complicated and potentially risky step, especially for inexperienced people. Therefore, you should seek professional help from reliable companies, such as Vncomex.
In addition, for some products that are fresh and must be refrigerated during transit, you will have to consider a few other factors, such as:
- Harvest time.
- Packing time.
- Time for customs clearance/ phytosanitary/ irradiation/ fumigation, etc.
- Delivery time.
You must declare the above information correctly to ensure the goods are not damaged during transit.
Above are the essential steps you need to take to export agricultural products abroad. However, you should learn more carefully to ensure your agricultural products are exported at the lowest cost and without risk for each market.
- Packing List
- Bill of Lading/Air waybill
- Fumigation certificate
- Phytosanitary certificate
- Certificate of Health
- Certificate of Quality/Quantity
- Certificate of Origin
Vncomex provides export services of many agricultural products, including oranges, with good service quality and reasonable prices. We also support customers to check import procedures in the importing country. In addition, we provide the service of applying for documents at the request of the importing country, such as:
If you need to learn about customs clearance services and agricultural transport products, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
Vncomex is proud to have a rapid growth rate in the import – export industry even though we were just established in 2020. With a team of experienced and dedicated staff, we always bring you good services and solutions at an affordable price.
- We want to become a reliable partner of customers.
- We provide customers with the best logistics solutions and services at the most competitive costs.
- We always strive to ensure the satisfaction of global partners.
- We always try to contribute to international business development between Vietnam and worldwide.
Why Choose Us?
Although newly established, we have built a reputation by providing reputable services. We always work wholeheartedly and enthusiastically to satisfy all customers, even the most demanding ones.
In addition, what makes us stand out from the rest is that we provide quality services at the most reasonable prices.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, you have learned a lot about the topic “how to import orange from Vietnam.” In general, the process is not complicated for the experienced. However, if you are a beginner, let us help you.