Laminated wood plank, also known as laminated wood, is produced from assembling natural wooden bars that are treated and dried strictly according to modern technology.
The purpose of drying is to remove all elements such as termites and mold. After that, the wood is sawed, planed, milled, grafted, scrubbed, and painted to form a full-plate laminated wood product.
This product is also quite popular when exporting to foreign markets. Today, we will learn together how to import wood chipboard from Vietnam.
Wood planks are the primary raw material from natural bars. With small sizes put together in different grafting styles.
In addition, people often add glue Urea Formaldehyde (UF), Phenol-Formaldehyde (PF), or Polyvinyl Acetate (PVAC). The purpose is to increase the adhesion to the wood.
In which OF glue is available for interior processing. And PF glue with higher Formaldehyde content. Currently, there are different types of plywood on the market: birch plywood, walnut wood, oval peach wood, etc.
Each type will have different quality features as well as different prices. Depending on your needs, you can choose the most suitable option.
The outstanding advantages of wooden boards make the import and export market extremely popular:
- No termites, no warping
- Products are diverse in design.
- The surface is well treated, so it has a high colorfastness.
- Good scratch and impact resistance.
- Materials are mainly obtained from planted forests. Therefore, it is possible to solve the problem of forest scarcity.
- The durability of plywood is not inferior to solid one if the processing level is good.
- The price is 20-30% cheaper than solid natural wood.
>> See More: How To Import MDF Boards From Vietnam? The Complete Guide Is Here!
Vietnam Wood Chipboard Export/Import Market
In 2021, the export and forest products will reach 14 billion USD, an increase of 10% compared to 2020, despite the complicated development of the COVID-19 epidemic.
Although the COVID-19 epidemic in 2020 is complicated, affecting the production, processing, and consumption and forest products, including plywood, causing disruptions in the global supply chain, wood, and forest product exports still reached about 13.17 billion USD, exceeding 5.4% of the 2020 plan, up 16.4% compared to 2019.
Import value of products in 2020 reached about 2.58 billion USD, up 11% compared to 2019. The trade surplus for the whole year was estimated at 10.5 billion USD, up 17.9% compared to 2019.
These results have created momentum for the forestry industry to boldly set an export target of $14 billion in 2021.
According to Tradesparq’s international bill of lading data, the plywood market in the world and Vietnam has grown enormously in the first nine months of 2019.
As of September 2019, plywood transactions globally since the beginning of the year, plywood transactions globally have reached 98,804 transactions, an increase of 23% over the same period in 2018 (80,414 transactions).
The majority of plywood exporters are in Asian countries, the largest of which are China (29%), Indonesia (21%), Hong Kong (6%)
The US is still the largest plywood import market, accounting for more than 48%, while India is in second place with 12%. Notably, Vietnam ranks third in importing plywood, accounting for 8.4% of the market share. Japan is in 4th place with more than 7%.
Since the beginning of the year, more than 2,200 export transactions of plywood from Vietnam to markets such as the US, India, China, Indonesia, etc.
The largest plywood exporter is from Southeast Industrial Park, Ho Chi Minh City, with more than 300 orders. Refer to the price of plywood in foreign markets:
- Paulownia Lumber For Factory Sale Without Glue costs about 3.88 – 8.99$/piece.
- E0 E1 High-Quality 18Mm Melamine Laminate Plywood Cabinets price about 17.23 – 24.9$/piece
- High Quality 18 Meters Film Faced Plywood For Concrete Formwork price about 250 – 450$/m3.
- Quality Wbp Waterproof E1 E0 Glue Fsc Eucalyptus Wood Board Plywood Furniture Price range 10 – 28$/piece
>> Read More: How To Import Keruing Wood From Vietnam?
How To Import Wood Chipboard From Vietnam?Shipment Process
To help ensure the rights and quality of export products. The processes to ship goods to the international market are pretty strict and have many steps.
7 steps by sea & air:
- Step 1: Apply for an export license for the items.
- Step 2: Sign the contract of both sides’ contract and complete the steps to prepare the goods.
- Step 3: Buy an insurance policy for the goods
- Step 4: Contact and sign with carriers
- Step 5: Do and complete the customs declaration procedures
- Step 6: Deliver the goods to the carrier
- Step 7: Make payment.
Besides, for this plywood product, you need to know more information: HS code of plywood (plywood) belongs to group 4412.
According to actual goods, HS code 44123100, 44123300, 44123400, and 44123900. According to the 2018 import and export tariff, plywood products have an export tax of 0%. Therefore, enterprises will not have to pay export tax when exporting plywood.
>> More: Vietnamese wood products have earned a lot of recognition globally. So how to import acacia wood from Vietnam?
About VNCOMEX JSC
VNCOMEX JSC, with the strength of 24/7 service a dedicated and professional staff, has been asserting its position in the field of transportation of finished automobiles, gradually completing the entire supply chain, trusted and appreciated by partners and customers.
Here are the reasons you should choose VNCOMEX JSC
- Completing the supply chain providing services from the port to customers using vehicles and vehicle components. Contributing significantly to the development of domestic and foreign supply chains.
- Pioneer in finding solutions to serve customers better.
- Flexible, eager to learn, and bring the highest efficiency every day.
- Encourage creativity and positive thinking to develop new and possible solutions.
- Stick to commitments and durations with customers.
- Focus on results and always look for answers. Share every example across the company, constantly looking for opportunities to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Shipping is faster, cheaper, better for customers while always being environmentally conscious.
Hopefully, the relevant information about plywood and the process and potential above will help you partly answer your questions.
If you have any questions about the method to import wood chipboard from Vietnam, please leave a comment. We will answer you as soon as possible. Thank you for reading!